1. All humans are individuals.
2. Individuality is also cultural.
3. Social group membership and identity are multiple, contradictory, and dynamic.
4. Social group membership is consequential.
5. Methods of studying cultural knowledge and behavior are unlikely to fit a positivist paradigm.
6. Language (learning and teaching) and culture are mutually implicated, but culture is multiple and complex.
This comes from the JSLW Symposium 2006, which I promised to write about on this website but as yet have not.