1. Identify which journals in China are likely to have "good" research on English / Applied Linguistics.
2. Search databases for articles on Chinese English / Chinglish / China English.
3. Read abstracts. (thankfully in English.)
4. Read articles. (this is the step I can't do)
5. Write summaries of articles.
6. Cast a wider net to all 45 bazillion academic journals in China.
7. Repeat steps 2-6, but during step 3, attempt to weed out articles which are obviously just summaries or plagiarized or otherwise worthless.
I don't know how feasible this is, but I think it's at least worth pursuing steps 1-3 even if nothing else comes of it.